Gem City Market Annual Meeting April 25, 2018
Lower Salem Avenue is the future home for the Gem City Market, Dayton's new Co-op Grocery!
Plan to attend the April 25th Annual Meeting - see the FB page for more information.
- Attend the Feb. 1st Community Meeting for the Gem City Market, to learn the latest and to get more involved.
- A market survey of over 1200 people, identified sufficient demand in our area to support a new market.
- The name, Gem City Market, was selected through online voting.
- An exciting goal of the Market is to hire area residents, and employees will be encouraged to become co-owners of the Market!
- The Market plans to offer 70% conventional grocery items and 30% organic and specialty products. The Market plans to sell beer and wine to improve finances.
- The store will have affordable “kitchen staples” as well as fresh produce, meats, coffee, dairy and other quality items to satisfy residents in our area.
Hundreds of Supporters Attended Community Events
- You have many ways to get involved, including community meetings, fund-raisers, and selling membership shares. The goal is to engage area residents, friends, neighbors and family. Let's help the Gem City Market fulfill its Mission, and sell shares to residents and supporters.
Free Health Events offered April through June 2018 at Grandview Medical Center
Check this page periodically for updates.
-- For additional news, visit and "Like" our Facebook page.
Contacts for Dayton Area Services
1. Dayton Police – 937-333-COPS 12. Vicious Dog, dog bites, excessive barking – 937-225-4357
2. Miami Valley Crime Stoppers – 937-222-STOP 13. Dead Animal on Public Property – 937- 333-4800
3. Housing Inspection – 937-333-3977, including inoperative or 14. Building Permit Information – 937-333-3883
junked vehicles on private property, structure or yard 15. Commercial Zoning Issues – 937-333-3887
maintenance, and residential zoning 16. Rodent Problems – 937-333-3977
4. Vacant Structure Problems – 937-333-3977, including overgrown 17. Unlicensed / Expired Plates –- 937-225-4357
weeds or trash, and buildings open to vandalism 18. Inoperative / Junked Vehicles – 937-333-1058
5. Vacant Lots – 937-333-4800, including weeds or trash 19. Recycling – 937-333-7678
6. Illegal Dumping – 937-333-3977 20. Tire Disposal – 937-225-4860
7. Trash Removal and Bulk Waste Pick-up – 937-333-4800 21. Neighborhood Conflict – 937-333-2345
8. Abandoned Vehicles – 937-333-2677 22. Tenant/Landlord Conflict – 888-534-1432
9. Vehicle in street/alley/sidewalks – 937-333-1038 23. Landmarks Office – 937-333-4271, including application for
10. Animal Abuse – 937-898-4457 Certificate of Appropriateness (COA), and questions about
11. Animal Control/unlicensed/loose dog – 937-898-4457 exterior work/repairs in Historic Districts
Read our latest newsletter: